Do foreign nationals from within the EEA require a Common Licence?

Nationals of countries within the EEA who live in England and have Settled or Pre-settled Status under the EU Settlement Scheme may be married by banns and will not usually require a licence. See for the full information regarding the legal preliminaries for foreign nationals, which changed in 2021.