ARCHBISHOPS’ COUNCIL – TERMS OF WEBSITE AND ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY – THE CHURCH SUPPORT HUB
This policy is effective from 24 November 2014
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
Terms of website use
Please ensure you have read and understood this policy. It is important that you understand that you are required to continue to honour and be bound by this policy and the provisions contained herein even after termination or natural conclusion. We recommend that you print a copy of this for future reference. If you do not agree to this policy, you must not use our site.
Other applicable terms
Information about us
Our site are operated by the Archbishops’ Council which is a body pursuant to section 1 (1) of the National Institutions Measure 1998 whose objects are to co-ordinate, promote, aid and further the work and mission of the Church of England. Pursuant to section 1(2) of the National Institutions Measure 1998 the Archbishops’ Council is established for charitable purposes, charity number 1074857 together with its representatives (“We“). We are located at Church House, Great Smith Street, London, SW1P 3AZ.
We are registered with the Information Commissioner, registration number Z6034304.
If you would like more information about the Archbishops’ Council please go to the following website for more information www.churchofengland.org
Changes to these terms
Changes to our site
We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
Accessing our site
Every effort is made to keep these site and any associated support up and running smoothly. However, we do not guarantee that our site, or any content on them, will always be available, uninterrupted or that support will be available. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
Intellectual property rights
Save where you have entered information and created any rights we are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
Please note that some content found on this site may be the copyright of third parties reproduced with kind permission, consent, under licence or within the acts permitted by the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988.
Any third party who believes any part of this site infringes any of their rights should contact us immediately.
Information we provide and no reliance on information
Information we provide may include, but is not limited to, help files, hints and tips, tutorials, tours, user support, fees structure, legal information, extracts (including but not limited to secular and Christian readings, poems, songs and other literature) alerts, announcements, news articles, and other general information and may be in any format. Format includes, but is not limited to text, images, photographs, audio, video and may be delivered by multiple mediums including, but not limited to an associated web site, face to face, telephone or email.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site are accurate, complete or up-to-date.
User contributed information
The information you contribute must be up to date and correct at the time of contribution and you must keep it up to date and correct as required by the 4th principle of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Where you contribute information on any part of our site you must comply with the provisions set out in these terms and conditions.
Limitation of our liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on them, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on them, or on any website linked to them.
We assume no responsibility for the content of website linked to our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked website. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Uploading content to our site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in this policy.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you may be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our site.
We have the absolute right to remove any information or posting you make on our site for any reason.
The views expressed by other users on our site may not represent our views or values.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Linking to our site
You may link to our web site, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site from any website you do not have permission to link from.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out this policy.
Third party links and resources in our site
Where our site contains links to other site and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
We have no control over the contents of those site or resources. The inclusion of any links to other web site does not imply a recommendation or endorsement of the views expressed on those web site. You follow such links entirely at your own risk.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to cause harm in any way including to people, especially minors, animals or property.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards set out below.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Save as set out in this policy not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of this policy.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site are stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
These content standards apply to any and all material (including articles, documentation and images) which you contribute (Contributions), to our site generally or through our ideas section, questions section or articles section, and to any interactive services associated with the site.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
- Comply with our copyright provisions set out below.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- If appropriate, legal proceedings against you for costs (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or are required, including but not limited to any law or court.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
By submitting a Contribution to any part of our site, you agree to grant the Archbishops’ Council a non-exclusive licence to use that Contribution. Although you will still own the copyright in your Contribution, the Archbishops’ Council will have the right to freely use, edit, alter, reproduce, publish and/or distribute the material contained in your Contribution. This licence will be free of charge, perpetual and capable of sub-licence. The Archbishops’ Council may exercise all copyright and publicity rights in the material contained in your Contribution in all jurisdictions, to their full extent and for the full period for which any such rights exist in that material.
Please also note that, in accordance with the content standards set out above, you must ensure that your Contribution does not infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person. By submitting your Contribution, you are warranting that you have the right to grant the Archbishops’ Council the non-exclusive copyright licence described above. You represent and warrant that no further permissions are required for us to use any Contribution you submit.
If you are not in a position to grant such a licence to the Archbishops’ Council, please do not submit the Contribution to our site.
Subject to any express provisions on our site, you are not permitted to print or download content from our site. You must not use any material on our site for any commercial purposes.
Breach of these Rules
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution already posted on our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of these rules. The actions described above are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
If you wish to complain about any Contribution posted on our site, please contact us at Church House, Great Smith Street, London, SW1P 3AZ. We will then review the Contribution and decide whether it complies with our content standards. We will deal with any Contribution which, in our opinion, violates our content standards as described above (see section “Breach of these Rules”). We will inform you of the outcome of our review within a reasonable time of receiving your complaint.
Changes to these rules
We may revise these rules at any time. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you.
Please note that this policy, its subject matter and its formation, are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
Please click here to contact us.