Do banns certificates have to be signed by a clergyperson?

Yes. Section 11(4) of the Marriage Act 1949 says that a certificate of publication of banns 'shall be signed by the incumbent or minister in charge of the building in which the banns were published or by a clergyman nominated in that behalf by the bishop of the diocese'.