This session, on June 18th 2020, explored what we can learn to equip people to start out and continue their faith journeys following a Life Events service.
How people first make contact with the church is very different at this current time, and may shift even further once lockdown is over. Sharing what we already know from research about those who came into contact with the church through occasional offices, this session explored what we can learn to equip people to start out and continue their faith journeys.
Presenters: Sandra Millar, Head of Welcome & Life events; Heather Cracknell, Head of Development for Fresh Expressions; Benita Hewitt, Director of 9-Dot Research.
VIDEO RECORDING OF THE LIVE WEBINAR:
NB: We have provided English closed captions for this video – click the Subtitles/Closed Captions icon on the player to enable them.
Benita’s PowerPoint slides (opens PowerPoint): Faith Journey webinar 18th June 2020
Useful links and resources
- Benita’s Toddler Group research undertaken on behalf of the Church of England’s National Children & Youth Adviser adviser, Mary Hawes:-
- Short report on a Care for the Family research for a project on encouraging faith in the home.
- Details on the Stranger to Friends conference mentioned during the webinar.
- Diddy Disciples website, mentioned by Heather: https://www.diddydisciples.org/
- Puzzling Questions – a discipleship course mentioned by Heather.
- Loss and Hope website, bereavement support website mentioned by Sandra.
- Canva website (for DIY design/publicity).
- The Power of Moments (book commended by Sandra).