This may be the year you want to go all-out and give a big, warm welcome to families with a special celebration service and gifts to give away. All that you need to make it extra-special is offered on this page.
The regular congregation will be there, you’ve invited lots of families to come along and celebrate godparents everywhere, and you want to offer a big, warm welcome at the service. These resources add colour, fun and pizazz.
Resources to decorate the church
- Pop-up banners – helps to create a colourful display in church that marks out a particular service, whether a christening or Godparents’ Sunday, as something very special.
- Bunting – a blank bunting which could also be used as a children’s activity to write or draw a message or prayer for their godparent. It can be used before the Godparents’ Sunday service in Sunday school and/or during the service itself.
- Prayer Tree – a colourful prayer activity that can be used and re-used for Godparents’ Sunday and many other events. Prayer leaves to stick on ca be ordered separately.
Gifts to give away
Godparents’ pin badge – reinforce the faith commitment of godparents by making these badges available in church for people to take and wear.
Godchild’s pin badge – convey that godparents are a blessing to our families by making this badge available to wear and take away.
Worship resources and ideas
There will be more worship resources added in the coming weeks – we’ll let you know through Church Support Hub News when that happens, so sign up from the Home page if you haven’t already.
- Visit the prayer resources page for lots of ways you can involve everyone in prayers
- Hymns specially written for the day (free download)