If you’re praying for godparents everywhere, invite baptism families along to join in too. Resources on this page will help.
Our research indicates that 9 out of 10 families who visit the church for a life event want to hear from us again. Whether they live around the corner or several counties away, the church where a family’s special service was held will be close to their hearts. So an individual invitation to a special service where the christening of their child will be remembered and celebrated is not something that will be dismissed lightly. Write personalised invitations and plan the service with godparents and godchildren at the centre.
Resources to help with invitation
For use in newsletters, pew sheets and publicity.
Dated and Date-free Posters and Invitations
There are two options for A4 posters including one with a space to add details of your service if you can’t tie in with the official date of May 5th. There are black and white free-to-download posters, or you can order a full colour version on the Church Print Hub, along with full colour invitations.
- Black and white posters can be downloaded for free here
- Full colour posters can be ordered from the Church Print Hub, here.
- Full colour personal invitations can be ordered from the Church Print Hub, here
Free graphics for Social Media
We have put together a range of graphics to use on social media (FaceBook, Twitter etc). If you use them, add our campaign hashtags #handsupgodparents #godparentsunday
Free video for social media use
This year’s Godparents’ Sunday campaign is ‘Hands up if you’re a godparent’, a call to action that encourages everyone to join in. Use this video on social media to promote your event, or to simply join in the campaign with all your social media contacts.
Worship resources and ideas
There will be more worship resources added in the coming weeks – we’ll let you know through Church Support Hub News when that happens, so sign up from the Home page if you haven’t already.
- Visit the prayer resources page for lots of ways you can involve everyone in prayers
- Hymns specially written for the day (free download)
- 25 ideas for Godparents’ Sunday – a free download offering simple but creative ideas for activities and prayer