Easter is perhaps the church’s greatest opportunity to speak with confidence about the saving power of Jesus Christ. We know that those who have already had contact with the church through their own special occasion are happy to hear from us again. Targeted invitations and ideas for welcoming them into church over Holy Week can help us explain the life-changing meaning of Easter to even more people.
Here are just a few suggestions to encourage your contacts to join in the Easter celebrations in church. We’d also love to hear what you have done in your parish. Follow this link to submit your idea.
- Try this simple idea to involve everyone in prayers on Palm Sunday, or they can be encouraged to try it at home afterwards.
- churchofenglandchristenings.org explores faith with families and offers ideas for maintaining contact with church, plus faith activities to try at home. Share these pages on social media or as part of your church’s e-newsletter if you have one. See the ‘After a christening’ section to see the full choices of articles.
- The Life Events team is offering free editorial, including Easter-related content, for churches to share more widely in their own parish magazines or websites. See the Download for more information.
- There could be a number of ways to use a bulk supply of the ‘Real Easter Egg’ to help share the Easter story – use as gifts/giveaways at fetes, Sunday school, toddler groups or wherever you’ll meet families with young children.
- For the message of new life and hope, there’s every reason to invite grieving families to church at Easter. This sympathy card has a pertinent message and has plenty of space to write your own message of invitation.
- Use this card to invite baptism families back to church. You can overprint your service times before you order if you wish.