An outline service, hymns, prayers, activities and lots more to help you create a really welcoming and special service for godparents and godchildren.
- Follow this link for a suggested Godparents’ Sunday service.
- You may like to use this approved Collect:
you give us new life in baptism,
and call Godparents to help us grow in faith.
Help us to encourage one another
as we continue to shine as lights in the world, reflecting your love to all we meet through Jesus Christ, your Son, our Lord.
- Hymns specially written for the day (free download)
- Prayer suggestions for the day (Ideas)
- Eucharistic prefaces (free download)
- Godparents’ pin badge – reinforce the faith commitment of godparents by making these badges available in church for people to take and wear.
- Godchild’s pin badge – convey that godparents are a blessing to our families by making this badge available to wear and take away.
- 25 ideas for Godparents’ Sunday – a free download offering simple but creative ideas for activities and prayer
- Pop-up banners – helps to create a colourful display in church that marks out a particular service, whether a christening or Godparents’ Sunday, as something very special.
- Bunting – a blank bunting which could also be used as a children’s activity to write or draw a message or prayer for their godparent. It can be used before the Godparents’ Sunday service in Sunday school and/or during the service itself.
- Tree poster/activity range with stick-on leaves, available in all sizes, ideal for an activity during a service (also available in a ‘hands’ range).