Many couples will be worried about weddings they have booked for the months ahead. We will be updating advice, information and resources to help you, so keep checking this page.
Following the Government announcement on June 23rd, we will be updating this page very soon with more detailed information and resources as church weddings become possible again from 4th July.
Meanwhile, do get in touch with couples when you are ready – you might now like to use this free card to invite couples to start planning their service with you.
Also keep in touch with your diocesan office and the national Church of England ‘Coronavirus guidance for churches’ web page as more detail becomes available: https://www.churchofengland.org/more/media-centre/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-churches.
- Fees for cancelled weddings must be refunded in full, including any deposit taken.
- Talk to couples about postponing and help them find a new date if possible.
- Drop a card in the post to the couple to show that you understand their disappointment and that you care. There is a ready-made card on the Church Print Hub produced for this purpose. Order a FREE pack here.
- Some couples have asked if weddings or banns can take place over video link. It is not currently possible under English law for a wedding to take place using video conferencing technology without the couple, priest and witnesses being physically present. Banns cannot lawfully take place in this way either.
- This initial FAQ on yourchurchwedding.org will continue to be updated, so feel free to refer couples to it.
Invitation to plan card (stock up in advance)
While you await the Government’s go-ahead on taking weddings again, order these caring cards in advance so you’re ready to invite couples to plan their ceremony as soon as it becomes possible. Order a free pack from the Church Print Hub here.
A ‘Thinking of you’ card which shows you care and understand a couple’s disappointment if they have to postpone their wedding due to the Covid-19 crisis. Order a FREE pack on the Church Print Hub here.